Image Map

Thursday, March 27, 2014

An Update: What We’ve Been Up To

Hey y’all!
Sorry I’ve missed blogging these last couple of weeks!
My carpal tunnel is acting up again.
I’m actually typing this while wearing my super awesome and oh so stylish wrist braces.
I hate wearing these dang things but they help!

2014-03-14 10.57.45 1

Anyway I’ve been laying low and trying to stay off the computer as much as possible the last couple of weeks to give my wrist a little break. 
Thus I’ve missed our weekly Tuesday/Thursday posts.
Carpal tunnel is just one of the weird things I picked up during pregnancy.
It’s usually not a problem but flairs up from time to time.
If it doesn’t clear up by the end of the week I’m thinking about going to see an acupuncturist.
Anyone every seen an acupuncturist for carpal tunnel?

I pretty much fly solo during the week caring for our 20 pound cutie.
I’m sure lugging him around all day is not helping the carpal tunnel situation. 

ABM_1392940429Skyping with Grandma and cousin in China!

My mother-in-law is coming home this weekend!
She’s left for an extended trip when Weston was 3 months old.
Soooo much has happened since she left!
I can’t wait to see her.
I can’t wait for Weston to see her.
Annnnnd well I’m a little excited to have some help with little buddy!
Okay maybe a lot excited even though I do super feel guilty saying that.

2014-02-21 01.15.02 1Entertaining my chub. Bottles and paper work in my hoodie. And a seflie! If that’s doesn’t say multitasking I’m not sure what does!

Kent works long hours during the week and Weston is not one of those babies that enjoys playing on his own.
He needs constant mama attention!
He and I are attached at the hip.
I love my little hip hugging buddy in fact it’s going to be a little hard for me to let go when Kent’s mom gets back but my adorable hip hugger makes it super hard to take care of other things like…..
laundry…..
housework……
cooking…….
You know boring adult type stuff. 
Not to mention work!
I almost took on a few shoots while she was gone but so glad I decided to take off.
There is no way I could have worked without help! 

It hasn’t been easy trying to manage it all without help!
Single parents I tip my hat to you! 
Kent helps as much as he can and he’s awesome about jumping in but we’re both looking forward to having a little grandma support a couple hours here and there! 

If Weston wasn’t such a tough cookie it really wouldn’t have been hard. 
Now that he’s napping, sleeping through the night, and just all around a happier baby it’s a whole new world!
Before then things were a little tricky! 
I’m at a place now where I feel like I got this….kind of.
But it will still be nice to have a little help from time to time!
  
This means I’ll be able to go back to the gym!
Get my house back in order.
And go to a few doctor visits. Including getting my wrist checked!

2014-02-25 12.50.09 1

I’ll also be heading back to work towards the middle of April.
Weston will be staying with Kent’s mom (I know, she’s awesome y’all!) for a couple of hours each day while I work.
What a blessing to have family help out!
Extremely grateful for that!

In other news…….
Finally got my hair colored and cut.
It’s been 7 months and it was looking BAAAAAD!
Post partum I have massive amounts of gray hair.
No really a crazy amount!
It’s actually quite sad.
I went in thinking I was going to get highlights to help hide the gray but left with an all over color (dark drown) and a few highlights in the front.
I LOVE it!
The cut!
The color!
I can’t remember the last time I left a salon happy.
If you follow along on instagram you’ve seen the bad style photos!
I don’t blame them though.
Naturally curly hair is hard to deal with!
So happy to have found a stylist……finally!
It only took 5 years. 

2014-03-19 09.12.25 1

I’ve tried to shoot Weston’s 6 months photos twice!
The weather is not cooperating but IT’S ON this weekend!
The high is in the 70’s and the sun will be shining!
I’m planning on taking some in the studio as well but I really want some great outdoor shots!
He has 3 new teethers that just broke through the gum line.
2 on top and he’s getting his 3rd bottom tooth.
How is it possible that my 6.5 month old will soon have 5 teeth?!?
His 2 front teeth are looking like they will be coming in soon!
I’m feeling the pressure to document the heck out of his current smile before he has a mouth full of pearly whites.
This round of teeth were way kinder to us then the bottom teeth were!
Thank goodness for that!
Kent doesn’t buy it but I’m thinking it’s the Amber necklace!
Maybe a post on that soon!

 

ABM_1394827241

We got our birth photos back!
I know, I know Weston’s birth was almost 7 months ago.
A friend of mine shot them for us as a gift.
I told her we weren’t in a rush to get them back.
Now that we have them I can’t wait to share them with you and I think…..I think…..I’ve talked Kent into recording our birth story with me.
He hates being in videos but I really need him to help me fill in the blanks.
He remembers the whole thing! 
I was waiting for the photos before I shared our story with y’all.

That’s about all I have to update you on!

2014-03-15 07.38.51 1

 

2014-02-13 09.59.46 2 

I’ve posted 2 post today!
To read my post on our  take on Baby Lead Weaning click Here

Be sure to follow along on Instagram.
Most of the photos in this post were previously shared on our Instagram account. 

I update our account daily with random photos and things we’re up to! 
I’m not a huge facebook fan so I’m not on there often but Instagram is my blog away from blog!

instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)