Image Map

Friday, January 09, 2015

3rd Annual Valentine’s Box Swap – Bloguary Day 7

Valentine's Box Swap 2015

All the info you need to participate is below!

You’re going to read everything before you commit right??????? RIGHT??????????

To keep shipping cost fair you must reside within the US.

Step 1 Register:  Let me know you want in through one of the options below. Be sure to include your email address or I won’t be able to get in touch with you.

Ways to register:

-Shoot me an email at: domesticprincessintraining@gmail.com

-Leave a comment under this post (include your email address)

-Let me know via Instagram: Kendra.Pryor  or our Facebook page(include your email address)

Sign up closes at 12am CST on January 13, 2015. Once registration is closed, it’s closed! It takes a lot of time and organization on my end to make this happen for everyone. To stay on top of who’s participating I won’t be able to add people willy-nilly past the deadline, sorry. Buuut I’m giving you several days to get in before all the planning starts!

Step 2 Spread the Word: Blog, Instagram, Tweet, Facebook, chit-chat with your gal pals. However you choose to share. I would love your help spreading the word! The more people that join in the more fun it will be! When sharing via Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter be sure to use #valentinesboxswap so we can find each other! If your account is set to private on Instagram we will not be able to see your post in the tag feed.

Step 3 Who's Your Buddy: On Friday evening, January 16, 2014 I will email the name, address, and “About Me” form of your buddy to you. We’re changing things up this year. Instead of swapping with a different person than you send to you will be swapping back and forth with the same person. If they have you, you have them. Make sense? More the traditional swap route than what we did in past years. Once you have your buddy’s info start gathering items for their box and have FUN!

Step 4 Document The Journey: Take photos while you’re getting your craft on, shopping for your Valentine’s buddy, or even while you’re mailing your package! Be sure to SHARE YOUR PHOTOS!!! Get creative and share the journey with us! Seeing the process is all part of the fun and a great way to connect with others that are participating! There was tons of great involvement last year and we all enjoyed seeing the photos!  Share your photos via Instagram, on my blog’s Facebook wall. I will pull some of my favorite photos to share in a later blog post. Don't forget to use #valentinesboxswap so we can find your photos when posting! Also if your Instagram account is set to private we will not see your photos in the hashtag feed.

Step 5 Send Your Valentine’s Box: On or before Monday, January 26th! This means your package should be completed on its way NO LATER THAN Monday, January 26th! This way you and your buddy will have your Valentine’s box in hand and ready to enjoy by Valentine’s, maybe even a few days before Valentine’s! DON’T NOT and I REPEAT DO NOT participate if this sounds like a time frame you can not work with. We do this annually so if you have too much on your plate at this time skip over this and join in next year. It’s not worth stressing yourself over. I really dislike having to reach out to people about boxes being late or missing due to a participant not sending on time. Seriously it’s not fun. Again this takes a lot of work on my end so when I have to put even more time in it because people are not following through with what they agreed to it gets me a little miffed. Sooooo if you’re certain you can hang with having 10 days to shop, craft (if you choose) and pack a box for your buddy come on down my friend we would love to have you participate! 

Step 6 Receive & Document: Blog, Instagram, Tweet, Facebook all about your Snail Mail Love package and your adventure with the swap. Sharing about your box and your experience participating in the Valentine’s Box Swap is part of the fun. Be sure and use #valentinesboxswap on Instagram and Twitter so we can all find each other (again if your account is set to private we will not be able to see your photos)! I’ll be selecting a few of my favorite photos to share in a Valentine’s Box Swap round up post!

LOVE

Snail Mail Love FAQs:

1. Do I need to have a blog or social media account to participate?

Nope everyone within the US blogger or not is invited to join in! I will say that it makes it more for you and your buddy if you are on social media so you can connect and easily and enjoy the experience together.
**I don't live within the US can I  still participate?**
To keep shipping cost fair to everyone you must live within he US.


2. How much should I spend?

Let’s cap it at $20 which should include shipping cost. If you get creative you can put together an awesome package for very little! $20.00 is the cap but not a required amount to spend.

3. What should I include in my Valentine’s Box?

2 things are required in this year’s box!
>>>>1.  Valentine’s card
>>>>2.  You most loved inexpensive product such as your band favorite chapstick, a candy you love, your favorite type of pen, favorite drugstore makeup (to give you a few ideas). Just something you love that you think your buddy would enjoy as well. Include a note on this item to let them know that it’s your Loved Item and why you enjoy that item.   
The rest of the goodies in the box is up to you! You can stalk (friendly stalk not cray-cray scary stalk) your buddy and see if they're into anything in particular. Ideas:  chocolate, crafting supplies if your buddy is a crafter, a small candle, funky Valentines socks, coffee/tea/hot chocolate mix, funky mug, dish towel, vintage coolness, handcrafted goods, stationary, accessories, some of your favorite inexpensive items like chapstick or a small bottle of your favorite hand lotion. The possibilities are endless BUT be sure to keep shipping cost in mind!  Have fun with your Valentine’s card and putting your package together. I'm giving you plenty of time to get creative (if you choose) so be sure to start ASAP so it's a fun experience and not something you have to rush through at the last minute!

4. Is it a secret?

No, yes, nah,  ummm kind of? I want you to share, document,  and talk all about your journey. This makes it that much more fun for all of us! You just might not want to directly tag your buddy with a picture of their package saying something like "Hey So-and-So this is your gift. Here’s everything in it. Hope you like it"  that way they’re surprised when they open their box. 

5. Is their an age limit?

Yes, you most be at least 21 to participate.

6. What if I don't receive my assignment.

When you let me know you want in I will reply to ask for your mailing address. I’ll also send you a little mini questionnaire to fill out that will be passed onto your swap buddy. You are NOT CONFIRMED in until I receive the answers to your questionnaire. Again don’t make me hunt you down for your answers. That’s right up there with not sending your box out on time. If your answers are not emailed to be by 8pm cst on 1/14 you will be dropped from the swap.

If you do not hear back from me by 1/13 that means I did NOT receive your email, comment, or you did not include an email address for me to reach you at. Be sure to follow up if you don’t hear from be by 1/13. I want to make sure that everyone that wants to participate gets in before the deadline!

Eeekkkk I know that's a lot of info but aren't you excited? I know I am!

HugsKisses

Here's the Cliffs Notes Version:

Sign Up is open and closes on 1/12. Once registration is closed, it’s closed! 

You are not confirmed as a part of the swap until you reply with your questionnaire which needs to be in no later than 1/14

Spread the word Blog, Fb, Instagram, Tweet, don't forget to use #valentinesboxswap on your photos so we can find each other!

Receive your box swap buddy’s info the evening of 1/16

Start gathering your goodies for your package. It’s up to you what you include but be sure to include a card and one of your most loved inexpensive products.

Have FUN and document the process!

Send your Valentine’s box on or before 1/26, the earlier the better!

Instagram, Blog, Fb, Tweet all about your journey! You can even do an unboxing if you’re a YouTuber. I’ll be doing that again this year!  Be sure to use #valentinesboxswap so we can all enjoy your photos!

 

Fun links:
Last Year’s Valentine’s Box Swap Round Up Post Oh my gosh look at tiny Weston!
Link to last year’s YouTube Box Unboxing 

Bloguary 2015-1

That’s it for this week’s Bloguary post. I’ll see ya back here on Monday for another week of post! 

Instagram: Kendra.Huie
Facebook: Click Here

1 comment:

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)